This lesson is aimed at Key Stage 2 & 3 and explores issues of multiculturalism in society and the reasons why people migrate. It explores key terms such as asylum seeker and refugee.
View this page on a larger screen to send this lesson directly to Presenter
- The students know the definition of the concepts culture, subculture and multicultural society
- The pupils know the definition of the concepts migration, immigration, emigration, migrant, immigrant and emigrant
- The pupils can give different reasons why people migrate to The United Kingdom
- The pupils learn the definition of the terms asylum seekers and refugees
- The pupils know the similarities and differences between an asylum seeker and a refugee