You can map the development process of one student or a group of students with a test. The goal of the examination must be clear. You can create a test to map the progress or to determine the level.
We can also use it to assess the education process and the quality of of English education.
- Goal must be clear:
- summative test (evaluating study performance)
- formative test (ability to adjust learning process)
- Criteria to determine the type of examination:
- Learning outcomes: the type of examination should be an effective measurement tool to assess whether learning outcomes have been achieved
- Required and available time to complete the test
- Required and available time to administer the test
- Required and available time to evaluate the test
- Types of examinations:
- written or oral examination
- individual or group assignments
- closed or open questions
- creating presentations, essays, etc.